KitchenMarket is now called Cofaro.com
We offer a wide range of high quality Chopping Boards at Cofaro.
- Coninx Bambu cutting board with Deep Juice Drip GrooveIn stockSpecial Price €21.95 Regular Price €29.95
- Wall storage rack Copa Zaza. Knifes / Cutting boardsIn stockSpecial Price €129.95 Regular Price €159.95
- Free shipping >70 pounds
- 30 day return warranty
- FREE returns
- Mercury Salami chopping board set with slicer 25cmIn stockSpecial Price €32.95 Regular Price €66.00
- Sliding element 42cm for sink Elleci Quadra/Zen - BlackTemporarily sold outSpecial Price €75.00 Regular Price €110.00
Buy your shopping boards online
A kitchen board is one of those kitchen utensils that you use a lot in daily life. Cofaro.com offers a variety of cutting boards as one size doesn’t fit all. When you want to buy a new chopping board, take in considering the following aspects:
- Size: a large chopping board might be handy when you have to cook a lot, but a small cutting board is easier to clean and might fit in your dish washer.
- Colour: you might want to have different boards for cutting meat and vegetables and having a different colour might keep you from mixing up.
- Material: plastic is easy, as the dishwasher can do the cleaning for you. Wooden chopping boards and bamboo boards are better cleaned by hand.
How to pick a kitchen cutting board
When in the search for a kitchen cutting board, there's one clear choice that's safe, long lasting and healthy. They wear rapidly and the tiny nicks the knife creates on the surface with time make it impossible to clean efficiently and safely. Many so called Antibacterial cutting plates are made from polypropylene, a Safer plastic, but still not the smartest choice to use around food. Already have a plastic cutting board? Give it to your kid's toy collection to save it from the landfill. They are creative minds can put it to good use without contaminating any food. It appears like a wise idea to just use an anti-bacterial soap to clean your kitchen cutting board.
Use separate boards for animal based products and plant based products to avoid contaminating your food. Even with the natural anti-bacterial cutting boards mentioned below, this is still a wise idea, especially whether you've a weakened immunity system or young kids. Use the guidelines for natural, homemade household cleaners and clean your cutting boards with safe homemade products, such as salt, white vinegar, half a lemon, soap nuts, baking soda and or hot water. Your THIRD smartest choice for a good, cleanable kitchen cutting board is a marble cutting board. Marble is long lasting and non-porous if properly sealed. There's some question on the sealants used and marble does pit with lots of natural cleaners, due to their acidity.
Glass is non porous and easy to clean with any natural household cleaning products. There's however a risk of falling and shattering, even with resistant glass. All wood cutting boards are naturally anti-bacterial and will in fact neutralize 99.9% of bacteria left on the wood within twenty four hours. 1 Bamboo is also a sustainable wood, able to reach full growth of about 3 years, as opposed to decades or centuries for hardwoods, making it a sustainable choice. The only fall of bamboo or another wood is that it's marginally more high maintenance: you must handwash it, drying it thoroughly after washing, and it's beneficial to apply a thin coat of wax or wood moisturizer in order to prevent drying.